Wednesday 28 August 2013

Living life

When I started this blog, I wanted to be someone who blogged daily.. and yet.. I find myself barely blogging. Perhaps it's the summer? Or that could easily be an excuse.

But the lovely weather (which we don't get to experience for long periods of time in Canada) needs to be absorbed as often as possible. When I was in University, I used to work part-time and during the summers as a lifeguard/pool manager. These summers, I was outside a lot and even if I wasn't working outside, I had enough time off during the days, that I was taking in the sun often. Now, flash forward a couple years to me spending 8 hours a day in an air conditioned room with florescent lighting. This environment makes you want to run outside as soon as you are done for the day, quickly throw on your short shorts, a t-shirt, and your flip flops and walk/tan outside for as long as humanly possible (basically until the sun goes down). This also means that on those special days off (Saturdays and Sundays), I tend to perform as many activities as I can outside. Walking to get groceries, biking everywhere, playing sports, sitting outside with my coffee. It's the small things in life that make me happy. My favourite things to do during the summer are: enjoying my first cup of coffee on my deck, laying in my bathing suit on the beach, and drinking a refreshing glass of cider on a gorgeous patio.



So, basically this all amounts to, I have spent a lot of this summer outside enjoying it. Does this excuse my lack of writing? Probably not. Here a very small snapshot of my summer.


Sand Banks Provincial Park - A quick over night trip to visit some of Prince Edward County's attractions



 This is another one from this trip. This was on route to checking out the wineries, gorgeous view.


Adam's going away party. Since my best friend Adam is moving all the way across the world to Spain, we had to throw him a going away party.. and yet he isn't even present in this photo.... oops

 
This was taken at Boldt castle in the US. Gorgeous castle and was lovely to take a boat cruise over from the Ontario port to see it.


Basically, it's been a pretty good summer with decent weather. I can't complain. Perhaps next summer will be more adventurous - thinking a trip to Spain, Croatia and some of my ancestry countries.






No comments:

Post a Comment