Saturday 20 July 2013

The maxi skirt

I've never been one for dresses or skirts... For whatever reason, I have always preferred pants or shorts. There seems to be no real reason for this dislike of dresses or skirts... so really - I have no idea why I feel like that.

However, on special occasions or going out at night - sometimes I do prefer a dress. I do own dresses, but 9 times out of 10, I'd probably prefer to not wear a dress. I do have to admit, that dresses are extremely convenient - only having to pick out one thing to wear instead of 2 is quite appealing. Skirts also have their benefits - They can be as cool as shorts and I can wear them to work.



Now - this summer's fashion trend, the maxi skirt.... Being 5'5, I never thought that this long skirt would be something that would look good on me. I guess in my mind, I always thought long skirts were best suited for those who were blessed with height. However, this summer, I tried one on and fell in love. So many ways to wear it, a slimming outfit, easy to wear, and super comfortable - remember, this is coming from the girl who doesn't like dresses. So go out and try one on if you haven't already done so... You will not be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment