Monday 6 May 2013

Weekend Recap

Why hello there summer, how nice to see you again!

This weather has been incredible...How can anyone have an awful weekend when the sun is shining and you can wear a t-shirt (and possibly shorts.. if you're not me)? I am often too cold to wear shorts, unless of course it's like 30+, but so many people were out and about in their shorts and t-shirts all weekend. It was one of those weekends when you are walking down the street and everyone has that little smile on their face because the weather is getting warmer and you are finally able to enjoy being outdoors again.

This weekend was pretty relaxed for me, which was nice. Saturday, I did my usual volunteering. However, this weekend, I was able to bike to yoga and bike around to do my errands. I soon came to the realisation that my mountain bike (that I also use to bike to work) is awful. It really should just be in the garbage. This explains why after biking home from work, I am usually fairly tired. I bike quickly and yet people (who look like they are exerting much less effort than me) are easily passing me.

On Saturday night, Eoghan surprised me by taking us to the drive-in movies. I love the drive-in. Bring your own food, lay in your own car, and enjoy a recently released movie! Although the movie, identity thief, was far from great, it was nice to just be able to go to the drive-in and enjoy it.



Sunday, I went for a bike ride on my good bike (this is the one I keep for riding on the weekends and do not lock it up). I went for an hour and it was such an easy bike ride. It's so nice to live a 20 minute ride from the beaches.


 I felt like I could have rode for hours. Until you have a good bike, you will not understand how much a good bike makes a different on your journey. This feeling quickly resulted in me deciding that I needed something a little better than my mountain bike to get to work. I ended up being a used hybrid bike this weekend, equipped with a basket. In perfect condition to be left outside locked up downtown!

That basically sums up my weekend, nothing too crazy, just a nice chill weekend to finally soak in some of the rays. Might as well enjoy it while I can, with Toronto weather, you are never sure what is to come in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment