Monday 25 March 2013

Big Changes - Part 2

Moving to a new city like Winnipeg where I know no one can be overwhelming and extremely difficult.  For anyone who is moving to a new city for a job or for school, knowing no one, I won't sugarcoat it for you - It's very difficult. That sense of your security is gone. What if my car breaks down? What if my computer shuts down? What will I do at night? These are all legitimate questions and freak-outs that I experienced often. But, moving to a new place sometimes makes it difficult to see the positive experiences and wonderful moments. I know that when I lived in Winnipeg I complained a lot (sorry about that everyone) but some of my most defining moments and self realization happened there.

So here's the short list of some of my favourite moments in Year 1 of living in the peg (in no particular order):

1. I could go to football games right beside the mall. No joke, the stadium used to be located beside my favourite mall. I could also go to hockey games for a reasonable price!



2. I saw this on a regular basis. It was nice to see some open space and agriculture that we don't see in Toronto.

3. This is by far one of my favourite places in Winnipeg - Kawaii Crepe. I used to eat there all of the time, it was right across from my apartment and they had the best crepes.


4. My roommate Kasey and I would go explore Winnipeg, pump some rap tunes, and drive around. We would also take random road trips to the US for mexican food since it was only a couple hours away.


5. I loved Mel - Sometimes we would go to the club (which played normal club music downstairs and had a live band upstairs) where she knew the band! 



 6. What better way to pass the time than to go snow shoeing. Manitoba is extremely flat. This seemed like a great way to get some exercise in the winter.

7. Kaila is also amazing. We would do random things together all the time. Such as visiting the star restaurant.. (please note all the stars hanging from the ceiling). We also went to events such as Nuit blanche together.

 

8. It was pretty cold outside so I tried to embrace it once in awhile. The days when it was -45 or colder, I avoided going anywhere outside.



9. There were polar bears outside. The construction one reminded me of Eoghan. haha





That's all for today folks. Have a fantastic Monday! Hope you all had a spectacular weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment