Thursday 28 March 2013

In Bruges



Like every other normal person out there, when I saw the movie "In Bruges" with Colin Farrell, I decided that I wanted to visit this city in Belgium.

Being on a long trip with countless other individuals, I thought that this would be the perfect time to take some time away to discover Bruges on my own. As I said before, the volcanic ash kept me from going to Italy that time so we headed to France early. After visiting Montpellier (which is a gorgeous, small, college town), we headed to Paris. Since I had just been to Paris the previous year, I wasn't as desperate to see all the sights again. This actually worked out in my favour!



Some of the best food of the trip


Montpellier

I took a day trip to Bruges from Paris. I left my friends bright and early to discover something alone (finally! It's amazing how much I craved alone time). I hopped a bus to Bruges. It was kind of unreal. If you watch the movie first you will understand.

Literally, the town looks exactly as it does in the movie. There is a river running through the city (similar to Venice but maybe nicer), the buildings were well-kept and gorgeous, and the scenery was gorgeous. It was much better than expected.






My day was spent taking a ride on the boat, eating lunch at a gorgeous restaurant, and touring the buildings as well as the stores.

If you are ever in the area, I do recommend you atleast take a day trip to Bruges!

Happy 4 day weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment