Wednesday 20 March 2013

It's Hump Day!



So I have been a little neglectful lately. I must say that this weather is really killing me. The change in the pressure is really getting to my head (literally... stupid migraines). So I really hope that Spring comes soon. I have also decided that global warming is really not good for my migraines. I could live without the constant weather changes.

So this weekend was St. Patty's Day. What did I do you ask? Well, I spent it with my half-irish boyfriend drinking green beer (well... I drank a different green drink). We ended up driving all the way up to Montreal on Saturday for the TFC (soccer) game against the Montreal Impact and driving back to Toronto Sunday! WOW... 6 hours in a car each way? Must be love (for the boyfriend... not TFC).

As for the trip up to Montreal, it was cold! Along with the coldness, TFC lost so we got heckled by children... No joke, we would be driving down the street, in our car, and children would be shouting at us. They could tell we were TFC fans from the red scarves. Also, people in the cars next to us would heckle us. To be honest, it was kind of unreal. If Montreal was to play a game in Toronto and they lost, Torontonians would just go about their business like nothing happened.. Not Montreal....

Schwartz - Best Smoked Meat
Going to Montreal did mean that I got to buy Montreal smoked meat and bring it back... So yeah, I've basically been eating that for 3 days.. yumm...

The restaurant we ate at - It was very nice!

We also ate at a really good restaurant where I had sauerkraut, sausage, and a salad. Not bad! As you can see by this post, the majority of my happiness of going to Montreal is derived from food.. I really wish that Guy from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives would tour around Canada... Actually on that note, Guy did do some filming for that show in Toronto as a special.

Might as well list out the restaurants he visited and that will appear on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives sometime this year (super exciting!!!):
1. Hey Meatball
2. The Lakeview Restaurant
3. The Ace
4. Caplansky's deli

I've only been to 1 (Caplansky's) on this list. I have driven by Hey Meatball but have never ventured in. I have plans to visit The Lakeview soon. Expect a blog post about the reviews of these restaurants. Guy never disappoints me, so hopefully these restaurants live up to my expectations!

Happy hump day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment