Friday 7 June 2013

My favourite money sinking investment

So, it's clearly been awhile since my last post. Between my on line course, working a million extra hours at work, and having dental surgery - it's been a busy few weeks. Oh yes, you heard me right - dental surgery. Unfortunately, this is pretty common occurrence in my life. Having been blessed with lovely genes from my father, I am prone to dental issues. He has 13 crowns... mind you, he is over 60 years old, but still, how many people can say that have had over $100,000+ worth of dental work. Though, you don't realise how quickly these dental occurrences add up. Let's see, over the past couple years, I've spent over $14,000 on my teeth. Thank goodness that at least SOME of that was covered (when I had insurance... those were the days).

Anyways, this week has been interesting. It is the first time I've ever had dental work done for an implant. Basically, this is what the happening:

Which is actually pretty damn cool, if I may say so myself. The fact that they can replicate teeth like this is awesome! So this week, they inserted the bottom part - the post, and then in November, they will add on the crown, so that it actually looks like a tooth.

For anyone considering a dental implant - ask me how it goes later on. I can say for now that my pain from the surgery was minimal compared the pain I endured to extract the tooth in the first place - which is a win for me.

Having had this surgery means I am on a soft food diet for 2 weeks - joy! This means I made a lot of soup... which actually turned out well. I will post my broccoli and pumpkin soup soon. I also made split pea soup which I think was better than the broccoli and pumpkin soup - but I really like split pea, so maybe I'm just biased.

I still think that enduring the pain of all this dental surgery is worth it.. At least, my teeth still appear to be gorgeous minus the fact that they are probably going to fail me somehow in the future one by one. It's basically my best money sinking investment!

On another note, it's FRIDAY. Which is exciting in itself!!! Woo!


No comments:

Post a Comment