Friday 19 April 2013

Iphone - App-mazing!

So, as some of you would know, I used to have a Blackberry curve. This is the type of phone that is really cool when you first get it and then slowly quickly you realize how terrible is actually is. So, after days, weeks, months of wanting to throw my phone out the window, I realized that I desperately needed a new phone. I got out of my car one day and my Blackberry smashed on the pavement... My first thought was "Does this mean I can get a new phone?".... This is the official moment I realized that, it was time to upgrade to a real phone.

I ended up getting the Iphone 4s, obviously, not the best on the market, but really, IT'S AWESOME. It could be that it's like comparing it to not having a phone, since my Blackberry was full of limitations, but I love it.

Having just got this phone, I am slowly discovering my favourite apps (because.. my phone couldn't even handle apps before.. oh Blackberry).

Ashley's list of App-mazing applications:

1. Run Keeper




Having biked to work for the first time (although I do enjoy biking for pleasure, I have never been close enough to bike to work until now!), I think this app is amazing. It tracks your distance and speed via GPS. It also calculates the approx. calories burnt using your age, height, and weight. This way, I can see when I am slowly down on my bike and if my time is improving.

2. Shazam



I am totally that person in the club, store, car, etc. that is always like "I love this song"... yet I have no idea what the song is called and fairly often have no idea who the artist is. Problem solved! Just Shazam it and instantly, you know!

3. Photosynth (and Photoshop Express)



This is a pretty sweet app. Loving photography, this is up my alley and allows me to take panoramic pictures super easily. No explanation needed - download it, you won't regret it.

Photoshop express is simple and free. It let's you easily edit photos with clicks of a button, app-mazing!

4. Instagram


Now how can I forget Instagram? I was so excited to get an Iphone so I could finally Instagram my life. And then obviously post it to Facebook and Twitter. People are going to get annoyed with me so quickly, but it's incredible! I love the filters.

5. Draw Something and Fruit Ninja




When I am bored, I love playing Fruit Ninja. I love it, super exciting. Draw something is also very entertaining but that one requires others' participation whereas Fruit Ninja does not.

6. Starbucks


I love Starbucks.. a lot.. and I also love the app. This app allows me to track my stars, drinks, purchases, as well as being able to pay with my phone. Good bye wallet, all I need is my phone.. yay for Iphone!

And the best part of my Iphone and all of these apps? They are free!

As I am sure you can all tell, I am still super excited about my Iphone!

Happy Friday and yay for the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment